Friday, November 9, 2012

Look 58: I'll Stray

 

 




My Look:
SKIN: KOOQLA | Cherie 01 |
EYES [mesh]: Anara | Anara Custom Mesh Eyes |
HAIR [mesh]: *Ivanka Akina* | Betty Hair - Chestnut |
TATTOO: La Malvada Mujer | Il Barocco |
EARRINGS: [glow] studios | Old Clara Gold Earrings |
BRACELET LEFT: The Sea Hole | Parisian Bangles - Pearl |
BRACELET RIGHT: [DDL] | The NN - Black and Gold |
BELT [mesh]: Milk Motion | Eagle Belt - Grey |
BOOTS [mesh]: Milk Motion | Vivianne Boots - Grey |
SHIRT: Nylon Outfitters | Muscle Tee - Frida - Grey/Blue |
VEST [mesh]: Tee*fy | Basic Simple Vest Gray |
JEANS [mesh]: The Secret Store | Rise Skinny Jeans - Blue Denim |
CIGARETTE: Nikotin | Cigarette Classic |
POSES: -no wow- | "Northbound" and "C'est La Vie" sets |

My Room:
ARMCHAIR: Tatty Soup | Moreton Chair - Electric |
DESK CHAIR: Zinnia's | Cheery Chair in Azul |
DESK: Nordari | Weathered Afternoon | @ FAIR event |
WALL CABINET: Zigana | Apothocary Cabinet |
RUGL Zigana | Rug Sand |
CACTI: Tatty Soup | Mick and Ronnie Cactus |
CANVAS: Lisp | Macabre Frames |
BIRD DECOR: Lisp | Sparrow Perky |
FAN: Lisp | Fan - Texture Change |
POTTED PLANT: {ililo} | Seedling |
SKULLS: Zinnia's | Nevada Cow Skull - Texture Change |
HOUSE: Nordari | MilkCoffee & Sugar Hearts |

Notes:
Happy almost-weekend! With this post I bring good news: my blog will now be a part of the SL Style Academy feed, found at slstyleacademy.com! I'm very excited to be featured amongst all the other fantastic bloggers. :)

I put this look together a few days before the November cycle of Collabor88 started. Little did I know that the recent theme would be vaguely western-tinged, or I might have waited to take these pictures. Still, I like the way my room is decorated and I think my avatar fits right in. The outfit is kind of a cross between cowgirl, motorcycle-chick, and Rosie the Riveter, right? I just had to add in the bad girl cigarette to complete the whole image.

These mesh high-rise jeans from the Secret Store have been everywhere, and with good reason: like the rest of Maylee Oh's products, they're impeccably made on top of being adorable.  In fact, they're so cute that I got them in a couple of colors, which is a little unusual for me because I don't usually buy a lot of jeans in SL (or in RL, for that matter - funny, that!).  Tee*fy has also been making some amazing stuff lately, including this little mesh vest that you can pair with all sorts of looks. The boots and belt are by Milk Motion, for Marie's "Urban Cowboy" (my description, not hers!) flavored Fall collection.

For my Urban Cowboy room, I put together some items from Zinnia's, Zigana, and Tatty Soup. I've wanted this cow skull decor from Zinnia's for ages, but could never think of how to use it. The textures on it are fantastic, and you can also choose from a few different colors/patterns, or with/without the feather attachment. I've show this arm-chair by Tatty Soup before, but not in this fantastic bright color, called "electric." It comes packed with some really cute poses, as you can see.  The other item I really love here is the desk piece by Nordari, which I  purchased at the FAIR event. I actually saw one blogger use it as a head-board for her bed, which just goes to show you don't necessarily need to use it as a desk.

With that said, I've REALLY gotten a lot of use out of this house from Nordari; it's just so versatile! However, I'm starting to feel like I ought to put up a new one for my winter home. Any suggestions?


2 comments: