Monday, June 4, 2012

Looks 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, & 25: I'm on the Hunt I'm After You

Well hello all!  As you might see from the title of the post, this is going to be a bit picture-heavy, as I have SIX, yes SIX, looks to blog about today.  My photographs and stylecards will also be formatted a bit differently.  Basically, I decided to give myself a hunt-related challenge.  There's tons of great hunts going on right now, some of which will be ending soon.  The most recent one I participated in was the Mesh Around Hunt, which was probably the most entertaining I've done yet.  There were so many people chatting and hunting at each location, and even though very few people outright cheated, it was fun to give each other hints.  After the hunt, I was sorting through my inventory and realized that sometimes I don't put hunt gifts to very good use.  Because they're free/cheap, and because I didn't actually pick them out myself, sometimes they linger in my inventory forever - not because I don't like them, but because I don't feel particularly pressured to use them (as opposed to something I've been longing for and have spent well-earned Lindens on).


So, I decided to issue myself a challenge: How many outfits could I put together using nothing but Hunt items?  These six looks are the result, and use items from the Mesh Around Hunt, the Men Only Hunt, the Finesmith Summer Hunt (group members only - fee to join), and the Drafted Hunt.  


I did give myself a little leeway in using some accessories and makeup that were non-hunt items.  I tried to keep these as cheap as possible, though.  I'm not convinced that all of these looks are spectacular, but I still had a great time putting them together.  It was really challenging to put together unique looks with a smallish pool of items, but I much enjoyed it.  I'd be interested in seeing what other people come up with, if they decide to try out a similar challenge. 


So, let's take a look, shall we?  


Look 20:

MESH AROUND HUNT ITEMS: 
| Hair - Alice Project | Eyes - Mayfly | Top/Dress - Happy Undead | Skirt - Evolve | 
| Boots - GoS | Necklace - [Aura] | 

FINESMITH SUMMER HUNT ITEMS:
| Travel Bag | Kosh Bracelet |

OTHER ITEMS:
| Skin - JeSyLilo May Group Gift | 



Look 21:

MESH AROUND ITEMS: 
| Hair - Ploom | Eyes - Mayfly | Lashes - Maimai | Ring - Sleeping Koala | Dress - 22769 | 

FINESMITH SUMMER HUNT ITEMS: 
 | Riri Robe Necklace | Peach Nectar Bracelet | Bead Belt Milk Agat | 

OTHER ITEMS: 
| Shoes - Pixel Mode Fae Wedges - Subscriber Gift | 
| Skin - Mothergoose Bombi Luckyboard | 




Look 22:

MESH AROUND ITEMS: 
| Eyes - Mayfly | Valentina E - Dress and Bra | Hair Base - Discord Designs |
| Ring - Handverk | Boots - [SAKIDE] |

FINESMITH SUMMER HUNT ITEMS: 
| Kosh Necklace | Bless Earrings | 

MEN ONLY HUNT ITEMS: 
| Hair - MONS | 

OTHER:
| Tights - Le Poppycock (gatcha) | Skin - MY UGLYDOROTHY Bombi Luckyboard |



Look 23:

MESH AROUND ITEMS: 
| Hair - Discord Designs | Eyes - Mayfly | Outer Shirt - Pirate Arts | Boots - Leverocci | 
| Clutch - [Echo] | Lashes - Maimai | Skirt - <Geometry> | Bangles - Sleeping Koala |

FINESMITH SUMMER HUNT ITEMS: 
| Let It Drop Earrings | 

OTHER: 
Headband - {u.f.o.} Bombi Dollarbi | Inner Shirt - Nylon Outfitters Frenchie Top (April C88) | 
| Skin - MY UGLYDOROTHY Bombi Luckyboard | 




Look 24:


MESH AROUND ITEMS: 
| Hair - Alice Project | Eyes - Mayfly | Jeans - BUID | 

MEN ONLY HUNT ITEMS: 
| Shirt - LooP | Shoes - Retro | Glasses - [CheerNo] | 

DRAFTED HUNT ITEMS: 
| Bag - AZOURY | 

OTHER ITEMS:
 | Bunny Headphones - PSYCHO.Byts | Lips - [mock] freebie | 
| Skin - JeSyLilo May Group Gift | 



Look 25:

MESH AROUND ITEMS: 
| Hair - Discord Designs | Eyes - Mayfly | Skirt - Intrepid | Necklace - Izzie's | 
| Tank - Apple May Designs | Pocket Bag - Pepper |

MEN ONLY HUNT ITEMS: 
| Shoes - Retro |  Sunglasses - Shadz |

OTHER ITEMS: 
| Bracelet - [DDL] Group Gift | Earrings, Ring, Headband - FZaPP Subscriber Gifts |
| Tights - Tee*fy @ TDR | Lips - [mock] Freebie | 
| Skin - JeSyLilo May Group Gift | 


And there you have it!  It just goes to show that someone can have a very diverse free wardrobe, if they are so inclined.  I'd be interested to know what looks people feel were most "successful" (if any, haha), and if you try this challenge out yourself, I'd love to see what you come up with.  Oh, and forgive me for not providing SLURLs and TPs, like I usually do.  It was just toooo much work.  If you want to know how to get somewhere or find something, leave a comment. :) 

Thanks so much to the creators and hunt organizers!  All poses I used were from Long Awkward Pose, the "Hairy Situation set." 









No comments:

Post a Comment